I'm behind on the times, I know. I should have announcing my goals for 2015 on January 1st like the rest of America. I guess my excuse is that 1) I didn't want to jump into any goals without being realistic, and 2) they aren't really New Year's resolutions so they don't count. Right?
Either way, I've come up with a few. I wasn't necessarily going to post them here where, you know, everyone in the world has access to them. But then I remembered what my wise friend Jody Casella wrote in a recent blog post. If you want to keep a resolution then say it out loud to witnesses. So, here we go...
1) Go to the Vermont College Fine Arts retreat this March (which should be easy since I already signed up!)
2) Go to two regional SCBWI conferences and apply for the Rutgers One-on-One conference.
3) Actually get accepted to Rutgers and attend in November!
4) Finish my current draft by April (at the latest!) so that I can start working again in May.
5) Revise throughout the summer and fall.
6) Be ready to starting querying by the end of the year...eek!
7) Start a new WIP once querying begins.
So that's....a lot. I'm already getting sweaty just reading that list. But, now I have the goals in black and white and hopefully that will keep me on track. Here's to a productive 2015!